One of our customer are looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer to join their D&W Department at the office in Stavanger. This is just an initial screening so they cannot yet indicate which wells the consultant will work on.
Below is a generic job description for any Senior Drilling Engineer.
Task and responsibilities will be further defined and outlined.
• “Responsible” or “Executor” roles in relevant Company Management System processes.
• Active mentor for jr. professionals and contributor to external and internal professional networks.
• Independently design wells to meet the objective of the well objectives and in compliance with governing regulations and The Company’s processes and procedures.
• Prepare input to basis of design, main drilling programs, drilling and P&A programs, D&C part of the PDOs, HAZOP/risk assessments, budget cost estimates, AFE’s, decision support packages, and final well reports.
• Execute the activity programs and provide onshore technical support to the drilling operations.
• Ensure that drilling operations are carried out in accordance with objectives set out for safety and environmental performance.
• Monitor and report operation performance.
• QA&QC of supplier’s services, studies and equipment deliveries, including audits and investigations.
• Ensure lessons learned are incorporated into the designs, and capture learning from monitored wells.
• Offshore work and follow up as required.
• Provide technical input to and evaluation of tenders and contracts as required.
• Comply with and follow up the MoC process (Management of Change). Ensure interface work towards other departments (facility, subsurface, etc.) is followed up
• BSc degree in petroleum engineering or similar relevant education required. MSc preferred.
• Minimum 9 years (12 years for grade 5/5) relevant experience in D&W operations.
• Relevant experience and technical understanding of planning and execution of offshore drilling and P&A operations.
• Good knowledge for regulations and relevant standards.
• Extensive experience with well planning and well planning software.
• Sound technical understanding of development and exploration drilling, HSE and field operations and commercial aspects.
• Relevant offshore experience is desired. Experience with contract management and tender evaluation.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Very good communications skills across disciplines
• Good understanding of geology and subsea.
• Good business awareness and commercial understanding
• Performance mindset and problem-solving attitude
Duration: 1 year contract with possibilities of extension.
Deadline CV: Asap and latest 12.12.2019
SUBMIT YOUR CV
Click here to fill in a form and submitting your CV