One of our Clients is looking for a Subsea Construction Engineer to join the Nova subsea team to act as the Subsea Host Company respresentative towards the host operator and lead all Subsea Construction and Marine Operations under the Nova PSC (Pipeline & Subsea Constuction) contract.
The assignment will be until the end of 2020 with the prospect of an extension until the end of the project in late 2021 and will commence asap.
Duties and responsibilities
- Act as Host Subsea Company Representative towards the Gjøa Host Operator, Neptune Energy.
- Act as focal point and provide technical expertise for all aspects related to Subsea Construction/ Marine Operations activities under the Nova PSC Contract.
- Act as Company Representative of the Nova Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) Contract.
- Coordinate interaction of Nova Subsea incorporation into Neptune Energy topside modiﬁcation/ Gjøa organization regarding work scope and plans.
- Support clariﬁcations of technical interfaces and timely close-out between Neptune Energy and Subsea stakeholders.
- Monitor progress of relevant Nova Subsea scope, critical activities and relevant preparations on Gjøa Host platform.
- Manage the PSC subsea construction/ marine operations activities under the Nova PSC Contract and contribute to maintaining a detailed offshore schedule
- Support the Marine Assurance process for the Nova PSC Contract and coordinate towards thr Company Marine and relevant Gjøa Host Operator representatives.
- Bring up potential technical/ engineering matters that might have inﬂuence outside of own scope of supply to the relevant interfacing engineering team.
- Review design deliverables and ensure functionalities and constructability
- Handle TQs/NCRs/Management of Change within own scope for subsea construction/ marine operations and keep track of all approvals such that it will notjeopardize the functionality, safety and integrity of deliverables during installation.
- Undertake a review of previous lessons learned, and the incorporation of relevant lessons learned into subsea construction/marine operations.
- Contribute to Design Reviews, HAZIDs and HAZOPs and other HSEQ-related reviews/workshops.
- Identify and follow up relevant risks, opportunities and mitigating actions.
- Prepare input to technical and progress reports to support ﬂow of key information to management to assist in decision making.
- Ensure that all relevant installation and commissioning of subsea equipment is performed in accordance with project standards and functional speciﬁcations.
- Follow up interfaces between own deﬁned responsibility area and all other project areas.
- Assist with the development of operating manuals and ensure that the manuals related to subsea equipment are delivered within time and with the expected quality.
- Hold a MSc degree in relevant engineering discipline such as marine/subsea or mechanical/structural; alternatively, a BSc degree compensated by enhanced Subsea/SURF experience.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience from Subsea/SURF projects, preferably from similar seniority level and similar type of tie-back project(s).
- Track record in Subsea/SURF projects of both front-end design aspects as well as subsea construction/ marine operations experience in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Extensive knowledge and competence within own discipline and thorough understanding of the subsea/SURF business area and the latest market developments.
- Be familiar with typical design codes relevant to engineering, design, construction and installation within the Subsea/SURF business area.
- Have detailed understanding of all aspects of a subsea tie-back to an existing Host platform.
- Overall experience with ﬁeld developments on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Good communicator, internally and externally, both orally and written.
- Good interpersonal skills enabling team work.
- Strong strategic planning abilities together with skills for day to day planning, execution and follow up.
- Ability to establish priorities and maintain a balance between short- and long-term activities.
- Proactively seeking advice from others and share own experiences with the group.
- Proactive and structured mind set, ensuring systematic approach for relevant project deliverables in the Execute phase (DG3 – DG4)
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Norwegian language is a preference