WellSafe Explorer is a safety device designed to prevent major incidents during “locked to bottom” operations from floating vessels.
- Applicable for all locked-to-bottom operations not requiring coiled tubing
- Over tension protection system
- Remotely operated from strong- to weak mode
- Strong mode during rig up and landing
- Weak mode in “locked to bottom”
- Adjustable weak mode setting point
- Tension system activates on over tension
- Compliant with existing rig handling systems.
- Improved HSE performance during WL operation
- No interference to personnel in compensator lock events
- Safe handling of equipment and reduced risk of dropped objects
- Full riser system integrity in a rig compensator lock event
- Protects the well control equipment from accidental tension loads